All spectators attending an event at Stade Saputo (the “stadium”) are subject to an electronic inspection by security prior to entering the gates.
Spectators with bags are subject to a more thorough inspection and will be asked to open their bag. The process of searching and confirming the contents of a bag are a “Condition of Entry”. Where the contents cannot be verified the individual can be refused entry.
In order to minimize potential wait times at the stadium’s gates, the staff suggests:
- To arrive at the gates 90 minutes prior to kickoff;
- To leave bags at home;
- To carry as few items as possible;
- To follow directions given by security and the stadium’s staff.
Spectators in possession of prohibited items will be turned away and may be transferred to the appropriate authorities.
Prohibited items include:
- All backpacks, camera bags, large tote bags and coolers of any size;
- Any bag larger than 14”x14”x6”;
- Any missile or projectile like object
- Animals (with the exception of guide dogs for the disabled);
- Weapons of any kind including, but not limited to, knives, pepper spray, stun guns, concealed weapons or firearms, real or fake;
- Remote-controlled airplanes or aircrafts and drones;
- Balls (soccer, beach, inflatable, party balloons, etc.);
- Alcoholic or non-alcoholic beverages, food coming from outside the stadium;
- Aerosol cans, spray cans, corrosive, flammable substances, dyes or receptacles containing substances which are harmful to health or are highly flammable;
- Bottles, cans, thermoses or any other container;
- Professional cameras with lenses bigger than 2.5” or any other removable lens;
- Professional cameras and equipment, such as tripods, batteries and commercial video cameras;
- Chairs or seat cushions larger than 15”x15” or those that contain metal arms or backs (other than those approved for persons with special needs);
- Hats or clothes that may impede the view of the fans;
- Streamers and confetti;
- Illegal drugs or toxic chemical products;
- Fireworks of any kind including, but not limited to, flares, smoke bombs, sparklers, fireworks or any other non-approved pyrotechnic items;
- Mechanically-operated instruments which produce excessive noise such as megaphones, air or gas-powered horns (need management’s approval in supporters sections only);
- Monopods and tripods;
- Selfie sticks;
- Skateboards, rollerblades and hoverboards;
- Laser pointer devices;
- Sticks or poles (need management’s approval);
- Radios or hand-held TVs larger than pocket-sized;
- Any promotional or commercial materials;
- Clothing with profane or abusive language, obscene graphics, or material considered to be indecent or inappropriate by stadium management;
- Noise-makers, including, but not limited to, whistles, horns; vuvuzelas.
- Other objects which could compromise public safety and/or harm the reputation of the event.
Permitted items include:
- Spectators with bags smaller than 14’’ x 14’’x 6’’ and that respect the permitted types of bags are subject to a more thorough inspection and will be asked to open their bag.
- Special consideration will be made for parents caring for infants and guests with legitimate medical needs, however the same bag inspection procedures will apply.
* Stade Saputo, Free 2 Play and CF Montreal reserve the right to modify the Code of Conduct, Rules & Regulations, Prohibited Items List, and policies or procedures at any time without notice to spectators.